A well-established law firm is seeking a bright and ambitious qualified financial accountant to join their growing team. The company is a midsize firm where you will quickly get to know everyone from the senior partner to the most junior staff. This role will be suitable for an accountant with a very strong academic background, backed with relevant industry experience.
Key tasks are:
• Maintenance of the firm’s nominal ledger, including all month end journals
• Full preparation of management accountants, including profit and loss accounts and investigation of balance sheet differences
• Fixed asset register maintenance and calculation and posting of depreciation journals
• Cash flow forecasting schedules
• Weekly pack preparation, providing financial KPI’s and other ad-hoc financial reports as required by financial controller; e.g. analysis of billing and profitability
• Preparation of partner’s monthly feeds report
• Preparation of reports on financial performances
• Assisting annual budgets
• Assist the preparation of schedules relevant to settings and paying partners remunerations
• Completion of surveys e.g. the office for national statistics as well as legal industry specific
• Scheduling files to be handed to the auditors for the LLP’s annual statutory audit
• Developing good knowledge relating to new time record systems in order to assist the cashiering supervisor with resolution of issues
• Assisting with improvements and updates of financial policies and procedures
• Assistance with preparation and implementation of new practice management system in the 2020 calendar year
Skills and personal attributes:
This role will suit a newly qualified or 2-3 years post qualified ACA/ACCA financial accountant who is looking to expand their growth as a finance professional. Prior experience in a law firm is preferable but not essential.
If you are an individual with a desire to learn and grow, with good attention to detail, and with an aptitude of problem solving, this role will be a good match.
A key requirement is that you are flexible, supportive and co-operative in your approach to work as you will be working within a team of people. External facing will also be part of your day-to-day, business partnering skills are desired.