|Location: ORPINGTON||Salary: 30000 - 34000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 25 days ago||Reference: 3106344|
My client is looking to employ a Finance Officer who has experience of preparing management accounts and year-end figures for audit, managing and setting service charges and also in helping to manage and maintain IT and communications networks and equipment.
We are a small team of 4 within the finance department and we are looking for someone who has a strong accounting background, is familiar with the running of service charges and has experience or a desire to work within an SME environment. Although Social Housing experience would be useful, this is not essential. The ideal candidate should have a general understanding of IT related matters and be familiar with being able to provide some technical support to other staff members on a day to day basis or following IT queries up with our external technical support providers. The role reports directly to the Finance Director.
Our client is not only looking for an experienceed Finance Officer but also someone who is computer literate and willing to assist and facilitate the implementation of IT communication projects and initiatives.
• Manage and help set service charges,
• Manage leaseholder records and accounts,
• Prepare month end and year end management accounts together with other accounting, month end and year end reporting tasks,
• Monitor cash and treasury position.
• Work with the Office Manager in providing day to day IT and communications support to staff members
• Help facilitate the implementation of IT / Communication projects and initiatives.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the Association’s IT and communications network and equipment.
• Act as cover to other members of the Finance Team.
This is a full time role, working 9am to 5pm, 5 days a week (35 hours), excluding breaks. There is paid overtime provided this is agreed with the Finance Director in advance.
Essential characteristics, skills and experience
• 3-5 years’ experience of book keeping for organisations with less than £10m turnover
• Proven numeracy and data analysis skills
• AAT Qualification, part-qualified ACCA or CIMA, or equivalent accounting or book keeping qualification would be useful but not essential
• Strong computer literacy: experience of using financial software packages and MS Office software (advance level use of MS Excel is essential)
• Knowledge of Pyramid nominal and rent ledger software not essential
• Must have a good degree of IT literacy and be able to identify IT / Communication needs and requirements of staff and of the organisation, working in conjunction with external contractors.
• Experience within the Social Housing sector would be useful but not essential.
• Working knowledge / experience of service charge regulations would be useful
• Strong administrative and organisational skills
• Well organised.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• Good and logical analytical and problem solving skills
• An interest in and ease with technology
• Compatibility for both independent and team work within finance and with other colleagues around the organisation
• A commitment to delivering excellent customer service, both to external and internal customers
• A passion for helping those in housing need and an interest in social housing.
Please only apply if you have the experience required
15 - 22 GBP Per Hour
REIGATE, SURREYRead more
18000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
EDGBASTON, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
18000.00 - 20000.00 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
25000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more