A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Finance Officer to join a fast paced team within Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue. This role is based on an initial 6 month temporary contract and is a great chance to utilise your experience in a dynamic Local Authority environment.
What is the role?
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue are now looking to appoint a confident and innovative Finance Officer to support the finance administration for the service.
In this role you will ensure the correct procedures are followed, process transaction via the Accounting System and Online Banking Facilities, as well as registering and matching invoices to purchase orders.
How will you do this?
- Process any relevant invoices and payments as well as ensuring correct use of the Accounting System.
- Assist management accountants to input incoming and outgoing cash to the daily cashflow.
- Use appropriate systems to raise purchase orders to ensure the efficient processing of payments to external suppliers.
- Act as a first point of contact, proactively responding to basis queries in a timely and efficient manner.
What skills do you need?
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach and be able to work to agreed timescales.
- Be competent in the use of computerised financial systems, including Business World On! & MS Excel.
- Have experience of working to a high level of accuracy and possess a good standard of numeracy & literacy
- Be able to work to your own initiative, organise your workload and time efficiently.
- Have a high standard of written and oral communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have demonstrable ability to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
Get me signed up!
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description.