I'm currently working with a long and well established not-for-profit based in central Brighton. This is a great opportunity for an up and coming Finance Assistant to develop skills they have already accrued. As well as gain experience specific to the businesses particular industry.
• Ensure all non-member income is coded correctly and remittance advices received
• Ensure the current bank account has sufficient daily working cash
• Manage the treasury bank accounts and ensure accurate coding of income, reconciling computerised balances on a monthly basis to source documentation. Process authorised transfers.
• Ensure all finance files are recorded appropriately
• Print and file audit trails from GL
• Support managers with reports regarding delegated budgets
• Prepare payroll payments, including pensions and other staff benefits. Reconcile monthly payroll records to GL.
• Prepare monthly accounts and assist in year-end accounting
• Prepare and review financial procedures
• To contact and deal with members who have fallen behind or who will fall behind with their repayments by telephone, email, letter or face to face conversations. To train and support volunteers in this area
• Contact members by various methods to elicit reasons for non- payment and discuss repayment options to enable them to continue to repay their liability to the credit union, as agreed with the Collections & Finance Co-ordinator
• Log all actions taken on default accounts onto system and diarise next action. Check arrangements are kept to
• Under guidance negotiate repayments with third party debt management companies and free advice centres.
If you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for this rare and exciting opportunity, please apply or get in touch: email@example.com