One of the largest Housing Association are looking for a Finance Officer to join their team on a 3 months contract with possibility of further extensions if all goes well. It is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week.
Purpose of the role:
The role will be based in the rents team where the successful candidate will facilitate payment collection methods and process all rental income for the Housing Association promptly and accurately. Add/amend property charges within the housing management system. To complete various reconciliations and provide weekly / monthly reports, as required.
- Maintain the accuracy of the transaction data within the Housing Management system, through the processing of payments, adjustments and changes to the rent debit.
- Daily posting of payments received into the Housing Association rent bank accounts, ensuring that all lodgements are made into the correct account
- Taking preventative steps to minimise the number of items in rent suspense; maintaining breakdowns of transactions and taking action to identify and clear items on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with internal and external parties to ensure that appropriate documentation to enable processing is received in an efficient and timely manner
- To be responsible for all aspects of the Direct Debits collection process, whilst ensuring compliance with BACS Rules & Regulations. Promote and maximise the number of payments successfully collected using Direct Debits.
- Respond promptly to queries from housing staff, local authorities and residents.
- Processing the Weekly and Monthly rent debits. Identify any significant changes and ensure that they are reconciled and have been appropriately authorised
- Various reconciliations and reports.
- Any other duties and adhoc requests as requested by the Rent Finance Manager.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.