An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly reputable organisation on a temporary assignment for up to five months. You will have experience working with multiple currencies, understand basic accounting principles (accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations, and have intermediate excel skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• First point of contact to ensure work is completed when sent to the sub-folders of the Accounts Payable dedicated email address. The address includes things like, (i) New Supplier Forms & Verification Requests, (ii) Cash Advance Requests, (iii) Country Office Fund Requests, (iv) Staff Expenses Requests, (v) Queries, (vi) Payment Authorisation Requests and (vii) Petty Cash Requests;
• Escalate issues/queries on a timely basis to your line manager;
• Post GBP and foreign currency invoices onto finance system
• Electronic payments – post on HSBC.Net and maintain secondary authoriser procedure for approvals;
• For foreign currency payment calculate Aged creditor reconciliation.
Primary financial transaction responsibilities:
• Manage the invoice process including making bank payments to UK and International suppliers (mainly electronic banking) utilising the finance system
• Purchase ledger management via the Accounts Payable email address, including filing and records management maintained to the audit standard
• Manage the Supplier Ledger by reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis
• Process, manage, and reconcile cash advance requests from staff including foreign currencies
• Operate Petty Cash
• Process new supplier accounts and information
Bank Postings and Reconciliation:
• Print bank statement of all activity from UK accounts on a weekly basis;
• Review all transactions and update finance software to reflect bank statement (post transactions to the finance system, like direct debits, corporate credit card, etc.).
• Perform bank reconciliations (GBP and foreign currency), ensuring complete and accurate by month end deadline;
• Credit card postings and reconciliation
• Ensure information is posted on finance system;
• Reconcile details of all staff expenditure against any prior advance issued.
• Respond to staff requests;
• Seek necessary authorisation and issue staff with their money/collecting proof of purchase;
• Upload cash expense to the correct project(s) on the finance system;
• Maintain appropriate petty cash balance and complete petty cash reconciliation accurately by month end deadline
• At least one year’s work experience in an international, multi-currency transaction processing role.
• Strong knowledge and understanding the basic accounting principles (e.g. accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliation, etc.)
• Intermediate level Microsoft Excel.
Please apply at your earliest convenience to be considered for this exciting opportunity.