An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly reputable non-profit organisation on a temporary assignment for up to six months. You will have experience in an international multi-currency transactional role, understand basic accounting principles (accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations, and have intermediate excel skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• First point of contact to ensure work is completed when sent to the sub-folders of the Accounts Payable dedicated email address. The address includes things like, (i) New Supplier Forms & Verification Requests, (ii) Cash Advance Requests, (iii) Country Office Fund Requests, (iv) Staff Expenses Requests, (v) Queries, (vi) Payment Authorisation Requests and (vii) Petty Cash Requests;
• Escalate issues/queries on a timely basis to your line manager;
• Post GBP and foreign currency invoices onto finance system
• Electronic payments – post on HSBC.Net and maintain secondary authoriser procedure for approvals;
• For foreign currency payment calculate Aged creditor reconciliation.
Primary financial transaction responsibilities:
• Manage the invoice process including making bank payments to UK and International suppliers (mainly electronic banking) utilising the finance system
• Purchase ledger management via the Accounts Payable email address, including filing and records management maintained to the audit standard
• Manage the Supplier Ledger by reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis
• Process, manage, and reconcile cash advance requests from staff including foreign currencies
• Operate Petty Cash
• Process new supplier accounts and information
Bank Postings and Reconciliation:
• Print bank statement of all activity from UK accounts on a weekly basis;
• Review all transactions and update finance software to reflect bank statement (post transactions to the finance system, like direct debits, corporate credit card, etc.).
• Perform bank reconciliations (GBP and foreign currency), ensuring complete and accurate by month end deadline;
• Credit card postings and reconciliation
• Ensure information is posted on finance system;
• Reconcile details of all staff expenditure against any prior advance issued.
• Respond to staff requests;
• Seek necessary authorisation and issue staff with their money/collecting proof of purchase;
• Upload cash expense to the correct project(s) on the finance system;
• Maintain appropriate petty cash balance and complete petty cash reconciliation accurately by month end deadline
• Maintain an understanding and awareness of risk management policy and procedures and report any actual or potential incidence where the organisation could be operating outside its ‘risk appetite’
• Maintain an understanding and awareness of anti-bribery and corruption policy and procedures and report any actual or potential transactions that may require to be investigated further
• At least one year’s work experience in an international, multi-currency transaction processing role.
• Strong knowledge and understanding the basic accounting principles (e.g. accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliation, etc.)
• Intermediate level Microsoft Excel.
Please apply at your earliest convenience to be considered for this exciting opportunity.