I am pleased to be supporting a well-known Housing Group recruiting for a Rents Finance Officer to join them in their Camden office. This position will be reporting to the Rent Finance Manager.
You will expected to facilitate payment collection methods and process all rental income for the Group promptly and accurately. Add/Amend property charges within the housing management system and complete various reconciliations, providing weekly / monthly reports as required.
- Maintain the accuracy of the transaction data within the Housing Management system, through the processing of payments, adjustments and changes to the rent debit.
- Daily posting of payments received into the rent bank accounts, ensuring that all lodgements are made into the correct account
- Taking preventative steps to minimise the number of items in rent suspense; maintaining breakdowns of transactions and taking action to identify and clear items on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with internal and external parties to ensure that appropriate documentation to enable processing is received in an efficient and timely manner
- To be responsible for all aspects of the Direct Debits collection process, whilst ensuring compliance with BACS Rules & Regulations. Promote and maximise the number of payments successfully collected using Direct Debits.
- Respond promptly to queries from housing staff, local authorities and residents.
- Processing the Weekly and Monthly rent debits. Identify any significant changes and ensure that they are reconciled and have been appropriately authorised
- Various reconciliations and reports.
- Any other duties and adhoc requests as requested by the Rent Finance Manager.
- Conversant with all aspects of rent accounting and Direct Debits
- Experienced in the use of computerised rent accounting systems (preferably Universal Housing)
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills i.e. vLookup and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of SUN Accounts or equivalent (Desirable)
- Previous experience of reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both by telephone and in writing
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a heavy workload
This is a temporary role with an immediate start which means interviews are being held from Thursday 5th December 2019 with the successful candidate commencing work on the 9th December 2019.
If you have what this role requires and are immediately available please apply and I will get in touch with you immediately.