Our client who a leading UK Business Services Group have a requirement for a highly experienced Finance Manager to lead their finance function.
The business has recently established an e-commerce platform and have a range of other service they offer and need to recruit a Finance Manager who has recent prior experience heading up and leading a finance team and function. They are growing exponentially at present and need a qualified Finance Manager/Head of Finance who can assist with this growth.
This role will be based in London and may require travel at some points on a quarterly basis to other UK locations.
- Oversee and manage the finance department for the business, which includes an accounts payable clerk
- Ensure all elements of bookkeeping are set up and managed correctly
- Produce budget packs, KPIs and Cost Analysis
- Compose a robust budgeting/forecasting model and provide analysis on all areas of business including cashflow
- Produce management accounts including a dashboard
- Manage all statutory reporting which includes preparation of VAT returns
- Support the planning for new service lines from a finance perspective
- Implement financial controls and governance that is suitable for a growing SME business
- Managed the set up of financial software system
Key Skills & Experience Needed:
- Must be fully qualified Accountant either ACCA (preferred) CIMA or ACA
- Ideally a first degree however must be degree educated
- Needs to of headed up a finance function previously for a number of years in their career
- Self-starter who can manage a finance function with minimal involvement from senior management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an in-house finance manager role
- Experience within business services and e-commerce sector would highly desirable
- Experience managing accountancy packages including Sage & Kashflow
- Highly proficient in MS Office particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Expert work ethic and communication skills in particular able to present financial data clearly and concisely