Reed Finance are delighted to be supporting one of our top clients located in the Central Belt in search of a Chartered Accountant to become their next Head of Stock Accounting.
This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to work in a fast-paced enviroment and take full ownership over the Stock Accounting Function.
My client needs a strong leader for this role, an excellent communicator with all levels and superb analytical skills. Is this you? The role profile is as follows.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring technical accounting knowledge is kept fully up to date with applicable standards and pronouncements
- Providing support and guidance to the business for any stock accounting issues
- Providing OTIF service and take ownership of stock accounting issues, identifying potential problems and suggesting / implementing solutions
- Ensuring that the correct stock accounting data is always captured and maintained on the system
- Identifying and implementing ways of continuously improving processes
- Driving business targets and their delivery
- Managing Stock reconciliations and analysis
- Managing and developing of all existing and future Stock related systems, process, and controls
- Responsible for Hedge accounting and reporting process
- Providing insight to the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and 3yr strategic plans as required
- Responsible for Stock margin adjustment input to weekly profit forecast process
- Managing and delivery of all stock information required to support statutory reporting
- A professional accountancy qualification is essential – around 5years PQE
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly advanced Ms Excel
- Strong understanding of HMRC rules
- Experience in leading a large team
The above is just a brief snapshot of what is involved in this broad and varied opportunity. For further information or a confidential chat in regards to my client and this role please contact Roddy Mackenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this web ad.