Reed Accountancy are working in partnership with our Trust Client to recruit for an experienced Finance Manager.
Salary - £35,000
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Provision of accountancy support to all aspects of the Finance function for The Trust. This will include, but is not limited to, reconciliation of nominal ledger to the Management Accounts. Production of reports for weekly cashflow, income and bank report for the Chief Executive. Use of the electronic banking option to check and, where required, to create and import payments to the bank for level 1 authorisation, ensuring all appropriate documentation and records are completed. Administration of pre-paid SOLDO cards held by the Sanctuary Managers to ensure that funds are available to them for day to day purchases, and administration of the online payment portal STRIPE for income from website sales. Regular submissions to HMRC to reclaim Gift Aid on confirmed donations.
- Operation of the payroll through the SAGE payroll package and all aspects of the PAYE system. You will enter all adjustments monthly to meet the payroll payment date of 28th each month. This will require liaising with the Sanctuary Managers to obtain staff movement and work patterns and securely maintaining personnel records in relation to HMRC notifications. You will ensure submissions to HMRC and NEST are in accordance with their deadlines and create payment files/import to the bank for direct payments to staff.
- Administration of the workplace NEST pension scheme for all employees.
- Supervision and support to two members of the finance team.
- Production of quarterly management accounts and reports to the Chief Executive and Trustees for board meetings.
- Reconciliation of all legacy income to the finance system and submission of claims to HMRC for repayment of interest on investments in relation to legacy donations..
- Production of The Trust’s yearly account to balance sheet.
- Liaising with the auditors and managing the annual audit, providing the information and support required to submit all statutory and regulatory returns in a timely manner.
- Providing financial support to The Trust’s annual Christmas catalogue including addition, and management of, stock items to Sage.
- Together with such additional general duties the Employer shall reasonably require, having regard to the needs of the Employer’s business as a Charitable Trust.
An accountancy qualification (ie GCMA, ACCA) is essential, along with more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role. You must be computer literate with experience of integrated finance systems and computerised payroll and have a willingness to support the Charity in its aims and objectives.
The successful applicant will have a good telephone manner, excellent numeracy and literacy, have impeccable references with regard to trustworthiness, abilities and accuracy as well as identifying completely with our work and our ethos.
You will have the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise your own workload while maintaining a compassionate, professional and efficient public image for The Trust.
If you hold the above criteria and are interested in the role, please apply and we will be in touch with an application form.