Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for an experienced Accountant/Accounts Manager on afull-time permanent basis. Reporting to the company Director’s, you will supervise in the day-to-day running and operation of the Head Office function, supervising a team of 4 established admin and accounts staff, and maintain and reporting on the company's finances.
This is a hands-on varied role, that requires a sound working knowledge of financial accounting, reporting, systems and governance and compliance processes to ensure the smooth running of the business. Alongside this, you will also be required to manage the office: ensuring all processes are on schedule and that all internal requirements for office items are available and organised.
Main responsibilities / duties will include:
• Management of 4 No. internal accounts and admin staff, ensuring the Head Office team provide the business support as required.
• Completion of weekly and monthly payroll processes as and when required.
• Prepare and complete monthly/quarterly management accounts.
• Quarterly VAT returns, duty returns, and exemption returns.
• Oversight of purchase and sales ledger.
• Prepare and submit regular financial reports and operational statements as required
• Maintain and develop financial controls, suggesting improvements to efficiencies where appropriate.
• Review dispensation and expenses claims
• Project costing and reporting
• Contribute to ad-hoc projects and meetings where required.
• To check and oversee the accuracy and delivery of the accounts
• Dealing with HMRC and related issues, as and when required
• Preparing financial and sales reports
• Producing monthly profit & loss
• Bank reconciliations and managing cash-flow & payments
• Preparing year end schedules for accountants
• Prepare P11D schedules
• Issue staff contracts
To be considered or suitable for the role you will have proven technical accounting responsibilities, including the completion of monthly/quarterly management accounts so this would suit someone who has completed AAT or studying towards ACCA / CIMA but candidates who are qualified by experience.
Previous management or supervisory experience would be advantageous in order to motivate and manage the accounts team.
You will be adaptable and flexible by nature, demonstrating a willingness to work in a hands-on capacity, to support all areas of the business. This role requires an excellent communicator, with the ability to forge strong working relationships across the
organisation. With the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, you will have a keen eye for detail, and a can-do attitude to work.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally have the following experience: -
• Working across all areas of accounts, including monthly/quarterly
• Proficient with Sage, TAS (or similar), Excel and other Microsoft packages
• Working in a similar role
• Strong backbone to manage stakeholder expectation and the ability to analyse
information and produce reports and improve company spend
• Knowledge and experience of VAT, including submitting returns
• Knowledge and experience of CIS is essential.