I have partnered with a client who is looking to hire a part qualified Finance Manager on a full time, permanent basis (37.5 hours)
The primary responsibility of the Finance Manager is to oversee the smooth running of the business’s administration, finance, and trading functions with a keen eye on efficiency and potential opportunities. This is an exciting new role where you will be managing the current Office Manager and one other. You will be taking over all things finance including the trading/procurement function. This role is part of the Management team so my client is looking for someone capable, driven and enthusiastic. You will need some management experience and will be responsible for reviewing, standardising and documenting procedures as well as financial management and planning.
- Provide training, mentoring, direction and leadership to the Administration team, ensuring the team are appropriately developed and able to carry out their duties to a high standard.
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the business by providing advice and guidance on financial and operational strategy.
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, and procedures to ensure proper and efficient financial management of the company.
- Maintain accurate and regular management accounts, reporting against budget, analysing, and providing commentary for the CEO and Directors.
- Develop and maintain budgets and forecasts for management accounts and cashflow.
- Liaise with company Accountants for audit, statutory account generation and to ensure proper financial management of the business.
- Generate and respond to official demands from Government departments (e.g. HMRC) including any and all statutory needs.
- Responsible for researching, developing, and maintaining departmental standard operating procedures.
- Manage the purchasing/procurement function to ensure maximum efficiency and smooth integration with other areas of the business.
- Be a key contact for suppliers, developing and maintaining good relationships and helping to identify and leverage opportunities and services on offer.
- Be an active member of the Senior Management Team
- Assist senior colleagues with analysis and planning to help develop and scale services across the whole business.
- Identify opportunities for improved system integration or automation, presenting these for approval and supporting implementation.
- Develop and maintain KPI’s that can be used throughout the business to monitor financial performance (e.g. invoicing, purchasing, productivity, profitability etc.)
- To understand key operational and financial software and to help leverage that software and data for best operational advantage.
- Oversee all business financial and administrative functions, including but not necessarily limited to HR, Payroll, Finance, Health and Safety, General Office Management etc.
- Maintain accurate records of customer and supplier contracts.
- To ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Health and Safety policy, equal opportunities policy and other policies and procedures that are provided.
- Budget setting and forecasting
- Minimum of four years experience within an accounting role
- Staff management and team building
- Sage 50 Accounts
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel and wider MS Office 365 applications
- Local to train station
- Pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave including bank holiday, extra year added each year up to three years