Reed Accountancy & Finance are working with a very well know and liked charitable organisation based in Sheffield. The charity are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Summary of the role:
- 25 - 30 hours per week
- Availability to work from home
- £35,000 FTE
Purpose of the role:
- The primary purpose of the role is to manage the charity’s finances ensuring good financial controls are in place and that sound and appropriate practices are maintained.
- The postholder will support all matters relating to the financial performance of the organisation and provide management information for the Executive Team, and Board of trustees. The Finance Manager will assist in setting budgets and monitoring the financial performance of the organisation, helping to ensure that the charity’s finances operate in line with SORP regulations.
- Currently there is one direct report into this post: Finance Officer
- Other responsibilities include supporting with the preparation of quarterly reports to the Finance and Risk Committee and the Board of Trustees, along with responsibility for the submission of Annual Returns for the Charity Commission and Companies House and the review and renewal of all of the charity’s insurance policies.
Main duties of the role:
Manage financial activity and reporting
• Manage the charity’s finances ensuring that effective and appropriate processes and controls, and financial risk management procedures, are in place and being followed.
• Line management of the finance team to ensure that accounts are maintained and reported, through production of monthly and quarterly management accounts, with statements of income, expenditure, balance sheet, grants schedule and cash flow.
• Forecast income and expenditure monthly.
• Support the charity’s strategy, planning and service delivery, ensuring effective processes are in place for resource allocation, cost reduction and performance monitoring.
• Co-ordinate all audit, accounting and taxation services and advice to the charity, with statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations. Ensure that Annual Returns are submitted for the Charity Commission and Companies House.
• Prepare project grant budgets.
• Be the first point of contact with banks, payroll bureau, pensions and HMRC .
• Prepare payroll information for submission to payroll bureau.
• Manage the Finance Team, to ensure that adequate processes are in place for all financial transactions.
• Ensure that there is appropriate and adequate insurance cover for all operations of the organisation.
• Provide financial oversight to fundraising activities
Team management and reporting
• Provide effective management to your team, setting clear objectives, managing and developing the team to deliver high performance levels.
• Create effective relationships with your management colleagues, collaborating and working jointly to deliver growth and excellent levels of service.
• Provide verbal and written reports, including accounts and key performance indicators.