Reed Accountancy are representing a Charity Based in the heart of Bradford for the role of Finance Manager on a permanent basis! This is a stand-alone position, overseeing the whole accounts for the charity and reporting into the MD.
The charity are seeking a professional and insightful qualified accountant to join them to help develop an effective financial strategy, and to ensure the charity develops and implements robust financial reporting and governance procedures.
This is a small team and the successful applicant will need to cover all aspects of Finance requirements across the organisation, as well as provide support to other department heads. The successful applicant will have experience of working with a range of stakeholders, at both a strategic and operational level. They will also be committed to the vison of the charity and be looking to be part of a dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic team, who are seeking to evolve the charity to the next level of its growth.
Typical responsibilities and key end results of position:
- Work with the CEO and trustees to help define and implement a comprehensive financial strategy
- Set goals and objectives to deliver an excellent service to the organisation and other department heads, to ensure delivery of the strategy.
- Ensure the accounting systems and all Finance policies and procedures appropriately support the strategic direction, and organisational requirements
- Ensure accurate financial accounts, with the implementation of adequate reporting mechanisms
- Prepare monthly management accounts for distribution to the CEO and trustees
- Complete detailed analysis, including variance analysis against budget, analysis of fundraising and operational costs, and programme delivery
- Complete the annual financial statements, and manage the external audit process
Financial controls and improvements
- Implement adequate financial control structures, policies and procedures throughout the organisation
- Ensure that all such policies and procedures are fully documented, and adhered to
- Propose, develop and implement processes for continuous improvement in systems and reporting
Budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare the operational budget timetable and work with other team members to enable the charity to meet agreed deadlines.
- Lead the preparation of the detailed annual budget and forecasts
- Complete detailed variance analysis, and make resulting recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Behaviours required to achieve role’s objectives:
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to work at strategic and detailed operational level
Strong technical accounting proficiency
Ability to identify system and process improvements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong Excel skills
Strong understanding of financial accounting and management reporting
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
Solid post-qualification experience of financial reporting and budgeting
Experience of creating and implementing financial procedures and policies
Experience of devising and implementing systems improvements
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Experience of working for a charity.
Experience of people management.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year (this is negotiable for the right candidate)