Reed Finance are currently working with a West Midlands local authority to recruit a Finance manager for their Adult Social care team.
The role will initially be on an interim basis working with the relevant Senior Leadership Team to agree and deliver the key financial priorities for the business area over the medium term.
The role will be reporting into the the Head of Financial Solutions to ensure the financial resources available to the business are effectively used and managed to secure the delivery of the Business Plan.
You will be managing the service finance team to support the delivery of the corporate financial requirements throughout the financial cycle – budget setting, forecasting and final, statutory accounts to a consistent minimum standard. The role will be to lead, develop and disseminate the Financial Operations divisions commercial expertise and service offering.
• To work with the Senior Leadership Teams to define, agree and deliver service priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, Top priorities and any other major projects.
• To deliver the corporate financial requirements in line with internal and external regulations and timescales.
• To be responsible for the co-ordination of the financial forecast reporting to the respective Leadership Teams.To lead on the strategic budget process for the business and manage detailed reviews of the respective base budgets.
• To apply technical expertise/professional analysis to high level problem resolution, using consistent technical judgement to guide the decision making.
• To provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services.
• To monitor and record the service teams output against performance targets and to take any corrective action as required.
• Provide interpretation, advice and guidance on the operation and implementation of external regulations and statutory requirements and internal financial regulations.
• Attend and contribute positively to key meetings including but not limited to Board meetings, Cabinet Member Decision and Scrutiny sessions, Senior Leadership Team and Financial Leadership Team meetings.
• A responsibility for the development of policies and procedures which meet the social, economic, legal or technical demands on the organisation in relation to finance and which can be seen to have a major impact on the operation of, or strategy across, services or directorates.
• Lead the team in the development of financial practices to support those activities which have a commercial focus.
• Take a leading role in the development of the Divisions own commercial offering and market them accordingly.
• Lead and manage a team and to be responsible for motivating, engaging, developing and supporting the team through the Performance and Development Review Framework.
• Manage the service finance team to deliver the priorities agreed with the Business and the requirements of the corporate financial cycle (budget setting, monitoring and final accounts).
The suitable candidate would ideally be CIPFA Qualified or a Qualified Accountant (Current Member of CCAB or CIMA) and must ideally be able to start straight away