I have a fantastic opportunity with a leading real estate development and investment organisation for a Finance Manager.
By combining its key strengths, the Group has established a track record of award-winning projects and delivers consistent and high returns across real estate asset classes. The businesses strategic focus is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with good growth potential.
Successful candidates will be fully qualified Accountants with a minimum of 5 years managerial experience along with excellent knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS. This is a hands-on role and needs a Finance Manager with Real Estate experience.
If you are currently manage a finance team in the real estate sector and you are thinking about your next permanent move this one not to be missed.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the financial accounting and management reporting for a portfolio of entities and be part of the financial operations supporting the UK.
- Ensuring timely month-end closing, inter-company reconciliation, preparation of monthly management reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly audit schedules, and managing part of the daily financial operations.
- Reviewing the accounts prepared by the property managers/operators/outsourced agents before completing the entity level closing.
- Ensuring timely preparation of financial statements for audit of the portfolio of entities under your purview, overseeing the audit process, and ensure timely submission to the relevant statutory bodies.
- Handling all tax matters (such as VAT and corporate tax) including preparation of tax computation or working closely with the tax consultant on tax computation, attending to tax queries from the tax consultant or tax authority; and budgeting & forecasting for the portfolio of entities under your purview.
- Internal control and compliance roles in respect of delegation of authority, procurement policy and other internal policies and SOPs.
- Implementation of Group policies, process improvements and migration to SAP ERP.
Experience & Skills needed for this role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 7 years of post-qualification Accounting /Finance experience.
- Finance experience in the real estate sector
- Minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience gained in a commercial office environment.
- High level of technical accounting knowledge and ability, including familiarity with local accounting standards and IFRS.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internal and external (oral and written) at all levels.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and dealing with competing and changing priorities.
- Responsible and well organised.