Reed Finance are currently working with an exciting and innovative organisation who operate within the utilities space to recruit for a Finance Manager on a permanent basis. My client provides a fantastic working environment, as well as the opportunity to play a key role in a business that provides support to help you develop towards your own long-term career goals.
The role itself is responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial management for specific projects within the group, and will require an accountant with a high level of technical ability to ensure their results are reported accurately and within the required timescales.
- Preparation and reporting of monthly formal management accounts under IFRS to joint venture shareholders including external investors.
- Financial reporting to the group
- Preparing project company statutory accounts, and coordinating their distribution, external audit and signing by the board of directors.
- Proactively communicating with management and external investors on the subject of project financial management, mostly relating, but not limited, to accounting matters.
- Attend and present information and recommendations at joint venture management and board meetings where necessary. This covers financial results, accounting decisions and proposals, and cash and dividend planning. This will involve communicating with a range of stakeholders based in the UK and abroad.
- Ensure that funding is in place for development projects and develop cash distribution forecasts for operating projects.
Manage and implement change in project accounting – incorporating new accounting standards, implementing new systems where necessary, and dealing with any contractual changes to revenue streams or shareholders’ agreements.#
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Up to 15% Pension
• Life insurance/death in service
• Family medical care
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Healthcare vouchers
• A host of discounts from well-known retailers
The perfect candidate for this role will be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS. You will be a good communicator, and have experience of working within a large organisation with a group structure.
Please apply for more details