REED have been instructed to support a central Oxford Not For Profit organisation to recruit a permanent Finance Manager.
Are you interested in working in the NFP sector? Would a role that benefits people in the UK and across the globe interest you?
The details of the role -
Our client is seeking an experienced finance manager to join its dynamic finance team to lead on the financial management of its UK commercial company and to provide support to the group.
They are a dynamic not-for-profit organisation with global presence that has established itself as a leader in their charitable sector.
The Group is particularly interesting as it is made up of a UK commercial company, a UK registered charity together with companies and associations in Africa and South America. As a result, the finance team work with both commercial company and charity accounting and support the offices in Africa, Asia and South America with their financial management.
This position is an exciting opportunity to take on a management role within the finance team to support, maintain and improve the group’s financial systems and controls. The role will specifically focus UK Ltd (the commercial arm). Based at the group’s headquarters in Oxford, the post will involve interacting with all staff and working directly with finance team members to ensure a high level of operational delivery of financial activities.
Manage all financial and reporting aspects UK Ltd:
• Take ownership of full financials of the accounts (including balance sheet and profit and loss account) by maintaining the integrity of data within the ledgers, approving adjustments, reviewing and/or performing bank, cash and other balance sheet account reconciliations
• Perform Inter-company invoicing (to include the preparation of workings to support the charges and netting where relevant
• Oversee banking by instructing and/or authorising payments and dealing with bank queries, together with limited treasury management on FX exposure and cashflow
• Support with financial planning by coordinating entity annual planning and cashflow forecast
• Support with financial reporting by ensuring accurate and timely generation and publication of monthly management accounts.
• Support with financial review by conducting regular reviews with budget holders to ensure the spending is in accordance with the plan
• Support with financial project management by reviewing actuals vs forecast and taking necessary action to ensure actuals are as accurate as possible.
• Oversee timely submission of Group VAT returns
• Oversee year-end audit and co-ordinate statutory reporting
• Develop, update and implement financial procedures and identify areas of improvement in existing processes and systems
The salary available on this role is up to £40k plus a good pension, private healthcare, statutory holidays, plus an open mind to some flexible working
As the role is in central Oxford there is no parking so train, bus or cycling etc are the best option.
For this role my client is looking for either a qualified or qualified by experience accountant who can demonstrate experience with -
* Being hands on but can also take a more senior view
* Cashflow forecasting or modelling
* Multi currency/forex
* Working on projects or supporting project managers
If this role might be of interest please apply now!