I am excited to be working with a dynamic business based on the outskirts of Colchester who are seeking to recruit a Finance Manager on a 12 month FTC basis in a key role reporting to the Head of Finance and managing the key transactional accounting functions and leading statutory reporting and the external audit process.
Responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing AR, AP and Payroll functions to ensure that transactions are correctly reported with robust financial controls
• Key support and input to all key finance projects impacting the transactional accounting function
• Review of daily cash flow forecasts and review all planned payments
• Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, including identifying any potential risks and opportunities
• Lead the review and documentation of key business processes within the function, making recommendations for improvements to drive efficiency and improve financial control
• Liaise with key business stakeholders and IT to ensure source systems are operating with appropriate financial controls
• Supporting the Head of Finance with the external audit process ensuring all required information is delivered on time and to the highest standard
• Provide material for monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
• Work closely with the Management accounting team to ensure all transactions are correctly coded and recorded within the general ledger
• Preparation of all annual statutory reporting and related tax and regulatory returns
• Oversee and maintain Fixed Asset Register and Capital Expenditure records
• Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and annual employee tax reports
• Perform Ad-hoc tasks as requested
• Responsible for the day to day management of direct reports within the finance team
You will be a qualified accountant with (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with solid financial accounting experience and a proven track record in financial and budget management and team management. You will be adept at developing effective stakeholder relationships, be confident and articulate with excellent attention to detail and a pro-active approach.
To apply please email your CV to Laura Vatter or call 01473 295099 for more information.