Reed Finance are delighted to be exclusive working with fast growing software organisation in search of a qualified accountant to lead finance operations in Edinburgh.
This newly created role will see the successful applicant be directly involved in recruiting a transactional finance team and implement system improvements, change & streamline processes. My client is looking for a hands-on accountant who is keen to play a supporting role in the development of their Edinburgh site.
Reporting to a Head of Finance in England there initially be light travel to support you in your new role, however candidates must have the ability to take initiative and work to a degree of autonomy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely month end closing of the books and all associated activities
- Processing UK payroll, related costs and posting of monthly journals
- Monthly intercompany journals, revaluations, reconciliations and confirmations
- Accurate and timely completion of month end packs and commentary
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed monthly
- Ensure monthly revaluations of currency control accounts
- Raising of customer invoices and bi-monthly credit control
- Accounting and billing for customer projects
- Project control for active and inactive customer projects on Focalpoint
- Tax compliance – VAT returns, PSA submissions
- Liaising with auditors during year end audits
- Contribute towards the group’s rolling cash forecast
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA OR ICAS)
- Experience with using ERP package – Sage/Ms Dynamics
- Team Management skills
- Self-starter, hands-on & excellent communication skills
If you would like to know more or are interested in having a confidential conversation with regards to this superb opportunity then please apply via this ad or contact Roddy Mackenzie – email@example.com