Reed Finance are supporting an exception SME in the environmental sector to recruit a permanent Finance during a period of rapid growth.
Is sustainability, environmental issues and tackling climate change important to you ?
Do you enjoy working in a small team environment where each week can be different?
Do you enjoy developing and improving processes, continuous change and are you always open to learning new things?
Our client are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Manager to work closely with the COO to ensure robust financial systems within the group of companies as they scale-up. You will be responsible for managing the Finance function, developing, implementing and maintaining an appropriate internal control framework. You will have the autonomy to improve and streamline processes and policies.
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance function and the work of the Finance Team, ensuring that effective financial controls are exercised, that deadlines are met and that the team is able to add value to the organisation
- Responsible for securing all revenues owed, including:
- Managing the Claims process for European and UK Government innovation grants, and related financial supporting evidence processes
- Ensuring effective processes to enable the timely and accurate production of customer billing, and collection of amounts owed by customers in accordance with agreed terms
- Cashflow management
- Support the Management Team in securing new debt finance and manage the on-going relationships with debt providers.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial reports across the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow,
- Manage the intercompany financial movements, including effective processes for demonstrating community benefit spend
- Develop and deliver performance information to assist the leadership team in the running of the business
- Assist the COO in the business planning and budgeting/forecasting processes
- Oversee the companies’ taxes, including VAT and PAYE and optimise the Group corporation tax position
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory reporting requirements and deadlines
- Manage the year end audit liaising and engaging with external auditors
- Prepare company statutory accounts, including consolidated group accounts.
- Work with the COO and Audit Committee to provide satisfactory procedures, measures and systems of internal control, appropriate for the nature and size of the business and meeting statutory obligations
If you have an interest in this area and enjoy working in a small nimble environment this this could be for you.
Interest in this sector coupled with experience is more important to my client than qualifications so they are happy to consider a fully qualified or qualified by experience candidate.
Salary up to £45k plus good SME benefits and flexible approach to working patterns.
Sound like you – apply now!