REED FINANCE is pleased to be exclusively supporting a growing managed service business in the sustainability space based in North Oxford to recruit a part time (22.5-30 hrs pw) Finance and Operations Manager as the business enters its next exciting stage!
Our Finance & Operations Manager will be a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated person who will be the linchpin to the smooth running of this small but growing business. The role is broad, and no day will be the same. This is an interesting varied role, suiting someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, who’s interested in sustainability, and working in a young, growing business.
- Maintain financial books and records: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, prepayments, deferred income, fixed asset register, bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide detailed monthly management reports including key performance indicators, input into Board and Exec Reporting.
- Use and develop financial models to enable accurate forecasting of cash, income and expenditure.
- Drive budget process.
- Manage cash flow and costs to budget.
- Liaise with external auditors to manage audit and work with external accountants to prepare statutory accounts.
- Credit control and expense management
- Telecoms and IT liaison with third party support.
- Purchase of IT hardware.
- Liaison with payroll bureau/pension fund; and maintenance of HR records, starters/leavers
- Company wide training for health & safety, GDPR and information security.
- Ensure adequate insurance is in place.
- Prepare quarterly VAT return.
- Be point of contact for Company Secretarial and HR support agencies
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified or qualified by experience accountant who is happy to deal with accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, deferred income prepayments, fixed asset register, bank and other balance sheet reconciliations. You will also be able to create management reports from the books and records as well as use and develop financial models.
The perfect candidate will be able to demonstrate broad accounting skills you will ideally have some experience of also supporting other operational areas such as HR, insurance and banks etc. Equally an interest in sustainability or green issues would be a distinct advantage.
The salary for this role is £40-50k FTE and would be prorated for the circa 22.5-30 hours per week required. There is flexibility for this role around the working pattern.
Does mixed finance and operations role appeal? Are you looking for 22.5-30 hours per week? Do you have an interest/experience in sustainability? If so, apply now!