I'm currently recruiting for a charity organisation who specialise in helping people with certain disabilities, and they're looking for an experienced Finance Manger coming from a charitable background . Having visited the offices myself, they have a lovely open environment and a vibrant team that you could be a part of. With this they offer a fantastic benefit package.
- Take ownership of all aspect of purchase and sales ledger for the company, managing one Accounts Assistant.
- The sales ledger duties include complex sales invoicing to clients for fees and disbursements as well as work in progress (cost related) management, deferring income, accruing income and credit control.
- Purchase ledger duties will include posting purchase invoices, managing accruals and prepayments and payment of suppliers on a timely basis.
- Responsible for timely submission of VAT returns and producing weekly cash flow summaries. Month end duties will include reconciling control accounts (prepayments, accruals, bank reconciliations, fixed asset, etc.). Ultimately this will lead to being responsible for entering balance sheet and profit and loss account figures, producing the board pack in coordination with the CFO.
- Responsible for managing month-end and year-end processes and audits.
- Implementation of new working practices to underpin our drive to continuously improve systems.
- Managing company insurance policies for travel, professional indemnity, building, etc.
- Working with Partners and Client directors to plan and manage their teams against their budget commitments, capacities and forecasts
- Overall responsibility for ensuring payroll and pension administration/returns and PAYE requirements are met.
- Working with the Partner responsible for HR on payroll, including monthly changes document, updating pensions systems, providing information for various insurances (PMI, health, life), P11d’s and completing payment of the monthly payroll run and related taxes.
- Interested in achieving efficiencies
- Interested in expanding knowledge of tools to aid the above
- Be accountable
- Be engaged
- Ability to pre-empt, identify and respond to problems in an timely manner
- An ability to priorities workload and meet multiple daily deadlines