REED Global are now recruiting for a Finance and Operations Manager.
Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays.
You will be a fully qualified accountant. You will have experience in fast moving consumer goods or another fast paced commercial trading company. Having exposure to logistics and transport is advantageous. You will have had previous experience in sales order processing.
About the role:
Commercial Sales Support
- Contracts – review new supplier contracts with Key Account Managers, head office and customers as needed. Find solutions to contract issues.
- Rebates / Discounts – work with sales team and head office to cost out customer discounts and rebates, and then process as needed.
- Sales meetings – attend sales meetings, prepare sales numbers and analysis as needed.
- Salesforce – review pipeline sales in salesforce system, analyse opportunities and update Key Account Managers.
- Sales processes – Work with Directors and Head office to implement sales processes e.g. sales order processing efficiencies.
- Sales policies - Work with Directors and Head office to implement sales policies e.g. travel policy.
Monthly Sales Forecast & Reporting
- UK sales forecast –Update the sales forecast for rest of year, and update the five standard forecast excel templates. Once approved submit to head office.
- UK sales analysis and reporting – run a consolidated order book report, format by customer categories, and save to shared drive, cc Key Account Managers.
- UK Sales Reconciliation – from a monthly sales invoicing file supplied by head office, reconcile the sales to the UK order book.
- UK and Italy Budget – Sales by customer category, calculate rest of year forecast, new initiatives, expected project losses. Input in the head office template. Review with Director and submit to head office. Answer follow up questions as needed.
- Cost and headcount budgets
- UK Credit customers – c40 credit customers. Generate month end statements for all customers with a balance from the head office AR report. Reminders. Escalation as needed.
- UK Prepay customers – c20 prepay customers. Same process as credit customers, except the data comes from the UK order book not AR report. Cash needs to be collected before shipment.
- UK credit checks – All customers are credit checked in the Experian credit system. Credit requests are generated in excel and sent to head office for approval.
- Italy – c10 customers. Same process as UK.
- Annual Accounts and audit
- VAT reporting
- Corporation Tax
- Operation of SMOI warehouses
- Manufacturing orders process
- Transport and freight first contact
- Order input to order books
- Orders to head office
- Invoices to customers
- Customer queries
Please be advised that due to the high volumes of applicants, we are not always able to respond to unsuccessful applications.