Finance Manager - West Cambridge - £60,000-£70,000 per annum
A leading construction company currently have an exciting opening for a fully qualified Finance Manager to join their Group management team, working from their offices in Comberton, West Cambridge, supporting the continual improvement of financial performance and decision making through reporting, analysis and planning.
Duties to include:
- Responsible for developing effective working relationships with senior stakeholders e.g. Regional Directors, General Managers and Group Finance.
- Provide high quality and timely advice, information, analysis, reporting and interpretation to support effective decision making and performance management.
- Understand the drivers of business performance, identifying trends, areas of opportunity or remedial action and influence the implementation of initiatives to address these.
- Responsible for producing financial reports, forecasts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries that provides a comprehensive view of the financial performance of the operating company.
- Responsible for providing explanation of the forecast and assistance in the understanding of any variances between planned and unplanned income and expenditure thereby supporting effective finance-based business decision making.
- Responsible for producing finance reports and packs including insight, commentary, conclusions and recommendations leading to improved financial and commercial decision making.
- Prepare financial models to support the development of business cases and bids and take an active role in contract negotiations to support the acquisition of new work and growth of the company.
- Support senior managers to deliver business objectives.
This is a busy role, based in a satellite office (remote from the day to day accounting) which requires a capable, confident and self-starting approach.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Management and financial accounting/reporting to senior management in a large commercial setting
- Fully qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Ability to apply technical accounting skills and data analytical skills to a large amount of data and report in a transparent and succinct manner.
- Identifying the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding and developing pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to support non-financial managers to interpret their budgets and manage more effectively
- Able to review current performance and identify ways of making improvements (process/systems) thereby solving problems.
Please apply now for more information.