Part-Time (3/4 Days)- Finance Manager
My client a Housing Association located in Beckenham is looking for a highly skilled Finance Manager to join their team. This is a new role, with lots of scope to play a key role in supporting the organisation to achieve its ambitious corporate plan. You will have the unique opportunity to understand and shape the business inside and out and make a real difference to the organisation and their residents.
- Salary circa £55K pro rata
- Working Days 3-4 (flexible) some evening attendance required
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)+ bank holidays + 2 additional days at Christmas, increasing with length of service
- Company Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (Employer contribution 10%)
Working closely with the Chief Executive, this post will provide sound financial management of the organisation ensuring that the organisation remains financially robust.
Key Tasks include:
- Ensure proper financial and accounting records are maintained in accordance with policies, procedures and accounting and regulatory standards
- Produce high quality annual budgets and accounts
- Establish and maintain robust financial monitoring, forecasting and reporting systems
- Manage the Associations treasury strategy
- Provide strong management of the finances in terms of performance, compliance, efficiency and service.
- Develop and sustain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Maintain the business and other financial plans to ensure continued long term financial viability and enable the corporate plan to be delivered.
- Provide a customer focused service to the business which supports budget holders to achieve expected financial results.
- Support the Chief Exec to embed value for money throughout the organisation ensuring that it achieves optimal benefit from resources and assets
- Ensure the maintenance of a comprehensive asset and liability register
- Ensure that organisation meets all statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations in relation to financial matters
- Regularly monitor and report on performance against external benchmarks, standards and performance indicators
- Graduate Level or equivalent
- Qualified accountant to at least CIMA,ACCA,ACA or CIPFA
- Experience at a financial management level, preferably within a housing association
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, rent ledger, payroll, cash and banking and nominal ledger
- Have an understanding of financial forecasting and business planning
- Experience of liaising with auditors, lenders, business advisers and board members
- Experience of reporting/presenting to Boards
Skills and Ability:
Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Excellent IT skills, with advanced Excel skills
High levels of integrity and accountability
Ability to work autonomously, prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating.
Able to effectively engage colleagues and other stakeholders