|Location: Stoke-on-Trent||Salary: Salary Negotiable|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3106486|
I am exclusively recruiting for a Finance Director in Stoke on Trent.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an exciting group of companies. The ideal candidate would have a manufacturing background with retail experience.
Job Purpose: Manage the Finance and Administration functions of the Group, acting as the guardian of the Business Plan and ensuring that all parts of the business operate to deliver the turnover, cost control and profitability within it.
● Reports to: CEO
● Direct Reports: Finance Controller, Finance Assistant, Finance Assistant, Credit Controller, IT and Communications Manager
●Key Dependencies: Retail and New Business Director, Group Production Director, UK Sales Director, USA SVP
● Be an Ambassador for the business and the group.
● Always embody the brand ethos ‘excellence is the new normal’.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
● Take a leadership role within the company’s global expansion strategy to enable the group to operate to its potential at all times and in all chosen markets.
● Lead all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company’s UK and global operations.
● Providing leadership to the Finance and IT team, coordination of the business planning, accounting and budgeting requirements.
● Report and analyse on a timely basis the financial performance of the company and identify key issues for management attention and further analysis/corrective action.
● Develop the company’s budgeting and financial planning.
● Take responsibility for cash flow performance and the short and long term funding requirements of the company both in the UK and overseas.
● Approve and co-ordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
● Ensure compliance with all legal, audit and regulatory requirements for the company liaising with external legal and audit firms as necessary.
● Ensure adequate financial internal controls are in place and are updated as necessary.
● Provide strong leadership by inspiring, motivating and developing the Finance and IT teams to achieve greater things as a result of guidance and expertise.
● Maintain accurate and up to date accounting records for the group.
● Preparation of monthly management accounts for final review with the CEO. Deadline 10th working day for quarter ends and 8th working day for non-quarter ends.
● Ensure that all returns to HMRC are completed and submitted on time and that payments are made on due dates.
● Take on the office of Company Secretary and manage all facets of the function. In particular ensure that the Company has adequate insurance cover for all legal, commercial, personnel and factory production risks. Maintain Company's legal records and registers and ensure that all returns to Companies House are correctly and timeously submitted.
● Develop and maintain product costing systems appropriate to the Company's needs.
● Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as part of Management Accounts.
● Discuss overhead variances with Directors and Department Managers and agree appropriate course of action.
● Issue weekly sales report and monthly margin reports to key management, through appropriate controls within the Finance and IT teams
● Prepare quarterly royalty statements in conjunction with signed contracts
● Provide personal daily control of the rolling 90 day cash flow forecast.
● Work closely with Directors and Department Managers throughout the company in the development and adherence to Critical Paths, ensuring funds are available in line with performance and expectation.
● Act as the guardian of the agreed KPI’s, keeping all Directors and Managers on track at all times
● Ensure effective management of bank accounts and banking transactions.
● Oversee all credit control functionality in conjunction with Credit Controller, making sure that the company’s debtor and creditor lists are in line with expectation at all times.
● In conjunction with the CEO and other Directors, develop the best in class suite of financial controls and procedures
● Be continually alert to profit improvement opportunities through enhanced revenue or cost cutting and make recommendations at any time.
● Prepare quarterly financial forecasts and annual budgets for sign off by the Board of Directors
● Be an active and leading participant in the implementation of the new Sage 200 system.
● Prepare annual statutory accounts and draft tax computation.
Don't hestitate contact Anita McLaughlin at REED Chester on 01244 408 790 or email email@example.com.
ROYSTON, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
80000 - 90000 GBP Per Annum
LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
60000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum
WELWYN GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
25.00 - 30.00 GBP Per Hour
WINDSOR CASTLE, BERKSHIRERead more
64000.00 - 64000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more