Interim Finance Controller – Cambridge
An established business who have bucked the trend of recent months and delivered improved results, are looking for a Finance Controller to support their finance team on a fixed-term contract of 6 months initially.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse income and expenditure actual performance compared to the annual budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets.
- Work with auditors to ensure timely completion and sign off of annual financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and responding to VAT queries
- Preparation, review and sign off of expenditure reports project-specific audits
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Create additional analyses and reports (such as operational KPIs, competitor pricing reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities)
- Assist with managing outsourced functions (e.g. payroll, IT)
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Develop good external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of the company’s finances is maintained and ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and standards.
- Assist Head of Finance in developing risk management framework.
Due to the nature of the work this position will suit someone qualified in ACA, ACCA. CIMA or equivalent, with extensive experience in senior finance positions.
For more information and to be considered please apply now.