|Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 450.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 18 days ago||Reference: 3101540|
This role will be the primary contact person to support the credit/debit card business spanning across multiple brands and distribution channels in the UK.
Key accountabilities will include
- Represent Business Finance in all credit / debit card related activities in the UK, including but not limited to product strategy, performance reporting, planning & forecasting, governance, and analytics.
- This role is commercially focused and will work closely with the Head of UK Cards, product managers, risk and other functions to drive effective measurement of product performance and to deliver revenue and sales plans.
- This role will be responsible for creation/management of monthly financial reports, conduct ad hoc financial analyses, and build annual operating plans. The role will advise senior management and relevant product committees on the financial performance of each product and provide insights beyond the obvious.
- Ensure robustness of financial / non-financial data and improve standard reporting & analysis. Work closely with on-shore and off-shore teams on timely reporting, monthly forecasting process, and take decisions on one off adjustments, if any.
- Provide leadership on any financial analysis needed for Regulatory and Government reporting. Support the business to ensure card products are compliant with current regulatory requirements required by law, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Lead the deep dive into individual P&L components such as interchange revenue, EIR methodology, rewards provisioning, spend behaviours, and understanding the P&L drivers/KPIs by front book and back book.
- This role requires a unique blend of financial & controllership, analytical, and business skills. All three aspects of this job are equally important and will appropriately stretch the right candidate.
- The role holder will be expected to be able to interchange between providing senior management with high-level executive summary of the key issues on a very short time-scale and providing much more in-depth analysis on which key decisions affecting the products will be based.
- Ensure the effective communication and engagement of a wide range of parties in order that information that is fit for purpose is delivered within expected deadlines. Deal directly with business, risk, analytics/information management & other finance teams on a daily basis. It will also need interactions with the global teams on an ad-hoc basis.
- Commercial acumen. Ability to build relationships and influence people outside of the direct chain of command.
- 5+ years of significant experience in financial analysis preferably in a financial institution
- Recognised accountancy qualification (or Masters in Finance/Economics/Engineering)
- Analytical ability and strong financial modelling skills
- Proven record ability to work and deliver under extreme pressure according to tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence to all levels of senior management
- Ability to improve processes and team leadership skills
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDERead more
32000 - 39000 GBP Per Annum
HOWDEN, NORTH HUMBERSIDERead more
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
30000.00 - 38000.00 GBP Per Annum
40000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
HATFIELD, HERTFORDSHIRERead more