Reed Finance are working with a £60m international services business to recruit a Finance Business Partner to cover a period of Maternity leave of between 12-15 months. The companies HQ is in Bingley West Yorkshire but as the role is fully remote it can be performed from anywhere in the UK.
The role sits within Group Finance and will see you responsible for leading internal and external reporting for the division, producing MI for decision makers and assisting with wider group projects.
• Leading month end reporting to the business, including development of the P&L reporting to ensure it reflects commercial needs and providing support to product owners through the provision and interpretation of MI.
• Responsible for statutory audit and reporting, including liaising with the external audit team.
• Supporting on the quarterly reforecasting process by partnering certain departments; acting as a business partner to the wider business, providing financial support to internal projects.
• Supporting the Tax Manager with the creation of Quarterly VAT returns and Corporation tax filings, and developing & reinforcing financial controls, both system and policy/procedure driven.
What you will need to demonstrate:
• Good analytical skills, a logical and systematic working approach with a proactive enthusiastic mindset.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financial information in a clear manner to the wider business and work closely with those in non-financial roles.
• A good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles is essential - qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong excel skills which include the ability to sort and analyse large data sets through the use of pivot tables and key excel functions (including vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
• Good knowledge of accounting systems (Microsoft GP is preferable but not essential)
• A tenacious, proactive and personable individual with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people across other departments.
• Ability to work well under pressure within tight deadlines and remain effective.
• High standards of accuracy and precision