A Public Sector Organisation are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join in a contract role paying up to £450 per day PAYE.
The Business Partner is responsible for implementing the business partnering function for the specified service area within the relevant council. You will act as a partner with the service leadership teams to assist, challenge and support service plans and projects and assist with managing performance for the business partnering team.
The post-holder’s primary activity is to provide an effective Business Partnering function to the relevant council and to contribute to the development of the policies, activities and service improvements required to deliver the function. The post holder will also contribute to and matrix manage a team which supports business partnering, financial planning and accounting across all 3 partner organisations.
Business Partners will work to ensure that finance staff deliver to customers in an efficient manner, within a professional business framework. The post holder will have a body of theoretical and practical knowledge commensurate with a fully-qualified accountant.
The post must support the organisations leadership at all levels and develop a strategic and workable response to the financial challenges the council faces. The post holder will have a body of theoretical and practical knowledge with a CCAB or equivalent qualification.
- To proactively lead the financial advice and support to the defined service area particularly with reference to delivering savings.
- To ensure that financial information is relevant and balanced and is received by decision-takers at the appropriate level.
- To work with services to ensure the accuracy of information input to systems and proper responses to system outputs.
- To work with managers to ensure they have the information and tools and develop the skills to manage their finances themselves.
- To lead, manage and motivate staff through excellent communication, professional guidance, support and development in accordance with the council’s policies and procedures.
- To be customer-focussed and to develop self-service underpinned by reducing finance support.
- To provide advice and support to Members, management board, directors and deputy directors on the full range of issues within the scope of the job.
- To support and contribute to joint working and matrix management within oneSource.
- To ensure effective financial support to programmes and projects.
- Cipfa or equivalent qualified accountant
Able to demonstrate and evidence
Knowledge and experience in
- Senior management experience
- A detailed knowledge of the local government finance system and the key influences on the strategic finances of the relevant authority
- Senior management experience in a local authority or public sector organisation
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Delivery of significant change programmes