Junior Finance Business Partner
I am currently recruiting exclusively for a fantastic food and drink events based company located in Kensington. The company is very close to Kensington Olympia station (5 min walk) alternatively around an 8 minute walk from High Street Kensington.
My Client is looking for YOU!
The Junior Finance Business Partner (FBP) is pivotal in supporting the business. In working closely with the operational and business development teams and being a part of the day to day running of the business. The Junior FBP will play a key role in ensuring G&G delivers accurate reporting of the monthly results, ensuring they reflect the current performance of the business and driving initiatives as required.
The role reports to the Senior Finance Business, Creative Events & London Catering and is part of the Catering finance team. The role is extremely commercially focused, supporting contract managers, operations and the wider CH&CO finance team.
The Junior FBP is pivotal in supporting the business. In working closely with the operational and business development teams and being a part of the day to day running of the business. The Junior FBP will play a key role in ensuring the finance team delivers accurate reporting of the monthly results, ensuring they reflect the current performance of the business and driving initiatives as required. The Junior FBP will also be fully engaged in compiling the annual operating plan and OGSPs to deliver this as well as ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified accountant, or studying towards a qualification, ideally have experience of the catering/retail sector, with excellent analytical skills and an ability to understand and solve complex issues. Good communicator and excellent stakeholder management skills are essential to be an effective influencer, comfortable working in a matrix environment.
• Working with the Finance team to ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts ensuring integrity, accuracy, consistency and providing clear visibility of the financial health of the business units
• Business Partner to Catering Managers and Head of Catering to drive accountability / transparency / insight to control costs / maximize revenue
• Weekly Flash Forecast reporting to track business performance
• Develop and report KPIs relevant to the business
• Partnering with the business leads to prepare full annual operating plans and periodic forecasts
• Support operations teams with cost management of client contract costs
• Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver business growth objectives
• Close working relationship with Finance team to ensure accurate and timely billing and driving improvements in the working capital
Skills Training and Qualifications:
• ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA part qualified, or studying towards a qualification
• Advanced Excel skills
• Influential and motivational leadership capability
• Effective at operating in a matrix environment
• High level of integrity with a commitment to embedding a strong governance culture
• Previous business partnering experience and knowledge would be advantageous
• Able to produce concise and informative reporting under tight deadlines.