An urgent interim opportunity to support an excellent University as a Finance Business Partner
The role will focus on the following areas:
- Developing the service provided to budget holders along business partner lines, promoting good financial management, accountability, efficiency and value for money.
- Managing the annual budget process in respect of nominated client group, produce re-forecasts as and when required and providing general support to budget holders throughout the process.
- Providing accurate and timely monthly management accounts information including variance analysis for budget holders, including Heads of School and Subject Areas, and senior managers/directors.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the budgeting and monthly reporting processes as well as contributing to the general improvement of other finance processes and services.
- Providing high quality advice and support to internal decision makers e.g. business case analysis and costing analysis.
- Supporting the team in helping to build co-operation by demonstrating a flexible approach.
Strong technical skills and academic results are paramount in order to establish credibility, though as important are excellent communication and negotiating skills, in terms of working with the various departments to ensure the flow of relevant information and results.