New Job | £42,000 per annum | Finance Business Partner | Blackburn | Permanent |
Reed Accountancy are recruiting for a Part Qualified Finance Business Partner on behalf of a dynamic and highly successful business based in Blackburn with a strong global presence.
The role of the Finance Business Partner will be to provide accurate and timely finance and operational information to the Managing Director and work with budget holders to resolve any concerns or difficulties with their financial performance, assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
Detailed responsibilities of the Finance Business Partner are as follows:
- Costing of processes, COGs and management of gross margins.
- Reduction of financial waste and increasing profits.
- Budgeting and half year reforecast. This includes preparation and departmental review.
- Cost Centre management.
- Calculate monthly work in progress/unrealised cost provisions.
- Production of the monthly business performance pack and P&L reporting.
- Investigating and improving existing IT applications for business and data management.
- Work with department heads in Developing, measuring, advising and monitoring operational KPI’s.
- Produce management reports on a monthly basis, for quarterly management reviews and board meetings.
- Produce reports for the Responsible for the timely escalation of issues to the Line Manager.
- For all tasks, make suggestions for continuous improvement of processes and implement where applicable / requested to do so.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and activities for the site and co-ordinate the company-wide continuous improvement programme.
- Perform timely failure investigations and CAPA actions / own and drive NCs and CAPA on SME topics.
The successful Finance Business Partner will have:
At least 3 years in a similar role within a manufacturing environment:
- Demonstrable understanding of costing of processes and management of gross margins, reducing financial waste and increasing profits and understanding of budget preparation and Cost Centre management.
- Knowledge (intermediate to advanced) of ERP systems such as EFACS & Willing to be trained in SQL
- Proven track record of driving profitability through operational efficiency.
- Strong analytical skills with a data based approach to investigating and solving problems (data driven.)
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice, tools and techniques for driving continuous improvement
- Time management skills including multi-tasking competing priorities as needed.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ethical behaviour.
Ideally the Finance Business Partner will have:
- Demonstrable understanding of ISO 13485 or ISO 9001.
- SQL Report Writing skills.
- MRP and inventory control.
- Java Script or C++ or Visual Basic understanding.
In return, our client is offering a starting salary of up to £42,000 per annum
Package Benefits include:
- 30 days holiday (increasing 1 day per year of employment up to 33 days) plus 8 statutory holidays,
- Company Pension scheme, Private Healthcare
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- Free Parking and Canteen onsite
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, 1.45pm finish on Fridays
Should you be interested in this role please apply now making sure to attach your current up to date CV.
Please note that due to high volumes received, only short listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.