|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 500.00 - 600.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3081881|
My client is looking for a SC Cleared Deputy Finance Business Partner to support the Strategic Finance Business Partner under the Director Of Commercial & Finance portfolio. The role will be working alongside colleagues in Strategic and Corporate Finance, and Commercial and Property. Regular interaction with the provider of transactional services (SSCL) will be essential. Extensive liaison with Business Groups – understanding the key demands and pressures - is a key part of this role.
The Deputy Finance Business Partner is tasked with supporting the Strategic Finance Business Partner in ensuring that the MPS achieves value for money and maximises value from the services it delivers while meeting the needs of the Business. This will be achieved by providing insight, challenge and professional analytical support at both strategic and operational levels, highlighting potential risks/opportunities and identifying options to drive continuous cost reductions and performance improvement within a reducing budget envelope. This includes:
- Supporting the Strategic Finance Business Partner in providing the MPS Executive with value added and timely analysis regarding actual results and forecasts, proposing options to ensure the organisation achieves its operational goals, whilst continually reducing costs and transforming services.
- Building strong relationships with the Business Groups (supporting the Strategic Finance Business Partner) in order to influence and deliver value for the MPS through the implementation of the financial strategy.
- Support the Strategic Finance Business Partner with the design, build and maintenance of costing models that address structure and service issues. The analysis should address the commercial needs of the business and focus on identifying areas of improvements, controlling MPS spend and continually analysing critical categories of expenditure in order to help implement the financial strategy.
- Provide support for projects including business and strategic planning, investment appraisals, acquisitions, disposals and contract bids.
- Assist the Strategic Finance Business Partner and Strategic and Corporate Finance in producing and managing the group budget and strategic plan process.
- Experience of advising and guiding business decisions and frameworks in order to provide assurance on:
- compliance with financial regulations, standing orders and schemes of delegation,
- supporting best practice governance arrangements.
Extensive experience in:
Business Analytics and associated techniques
Financial Management & Planning in complex organisation
Budgeting & Forecasting
Providing Financial Management Advice and developing Mitigating Strategies
Assessing the commercial impact of alternative service delivery models
Public sector procurement and contract management
Required: CCAB or equivalent membership
Advantageous: Post graduate qualification e.g. MBA or equivalent
35000 - 40000 GBP Per Annum
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
42000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWBURY, BERKSHIRERead more
75000.00 - 84000.00 GBP Per Annum
GREENHITHE, KENTRead more
40000.00 - 46000.00 GBP Per Annum
RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRERead more
55000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more