Working with a well established logistics company based out of Avonmouth who are currently looking for a finance assistant on a part time permanent basis.
Experts in their field and growing at a steady rate, this SME would love an experienced all rounder to join their accounts team of 5.
They are strong on their company values and are offering a decent salary and benefits package with a bonus included.
Their ideal candidate would be able someone who is keen to work 20 – 25 hours per week over a minimum or 4 days. They are happy to offer this on a flexible basis with the option of additional hours during busy periods.
This will be a nice varied role with some project work included over the coming months.
Reporting to the financial controller, some of your duties include:
- Maintaining financial records, for Purchase Ledger, Job Accounting, Sales Ledger, Credit Card & Expenses and Procedural notes.
- Accurately process transaction data and ensuring that reporting deadlines are met at all times
- Develop and maintain contact with people throughout the company in order to contribute towards the efficient running of the accounts function.
Credit Card & expenses:
- Responsible for the smooth running of Credit Card & Expenses process including receipt management.
- Support Purchase Ledger function as and when required by the Finance Controller, including:
- Invoice Registration of Invoices & Distribute for authorisation daily.
- Data entry of all the invoices, credit note payments and adjustments.
- Ensure invoices are correctly calculated, approved and coded.
- Maintain records of pro forma invoices.
- Resolve all queries as they arise.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Maintain all Payment runs, “BACS”, Priority Run, Foreign and Adhoc payments.
- Filling of invoices and other admin duties.
- New Suppliers Set Up/Bank Details/Credit Check.
- Assist with preparation of cash flow forecasts by reflecting payment runs in the cash forecasts.
- Responsible for the Reserve Reporting at month end. Including validation of reserves against supplier statements and with job holder.
- Support the overall Sales Ledger process as and when required by the Finance Controller including the further raising of sales invoices, credit control, Omni administration and sales ledger maintenance.
Other Support as and when required:
- Systems Development
- Petty Cash
- Assist others in team when required
- Archive Records
- Answering phone and dealing with queries
- Understanding key processes– e.g. HP invoicing
- Making payments through the bank
- Quarterly supplier reconciliations
- Full Time Holiday/Sick Leave cover for Purchase Ledger
- Hire car damage claims – investigation/disputing or paying
- Full Time cover for month end reporting
Personal Requirements & Skills
- High degree of accuracy.
- Good communications skills.
- Strong team player.
- Good awareness of deadlines.
- Time management
- A calm manner.
- Strong I.T. Skills.
- Attention to detail
- Working to timescales
If this sounds like the perfect role you have been waiting for and you have the necessary skills and experience, APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch.