We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Finance Assistant, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full-time role, initially for 6 months.
Your role will be to assist the Financial Support Team, in particular Accounts Receivable. With the timely billing and recovery of sundry debts.
Creation / amendment of customer master records
Raising of sundry debt invoices / credit notes through the council’s finance system (SAP)both promptly and accurately.
Telephone / written communication with internal and external customers.
Negotiate payment plans with debtors.
Problem solving and using your own initiative including prioritising workload.
Ability to work with the organisations processes and procedures in particular data protection and confidentiality.
You must be a good negotiator and be able to deal confidently with a full range of requests and remain calm and logical in sometimes difficult situations.
- Strong IT Skills, including Excel, Word, and emails to intermediate level.
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the public, clients, colleagues and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system