Reed are currently working with a Local Education Authority for a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a full time basis. This role is a permanent position, paying up to £24,461. The Business is located on the outskirts of the centre of Leeds with a small finance team of 4. This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Finance.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out a range of duties as designated by the Head of Finance and be responsible for the recording of income and expenditure and production of the Organisations bank reconciliations
- To undertake general finance responsibilities; to include data input, administration of car park and Metro Card payment plans, processing weekly payment runs by BACS and other similar ad hoc tasks as required by the Head of Finance
- Import of daily payment files from various systems and ensure compliance with PCI DSS regulations.
- To post income and expenditure to cash book and produce weekly Bank Reconciliations.
- To be responsible for ensuring the ordering, stock checking and maintenance of stationery on a timely basis.
- To control finance petty cash and perform spot checks on cash floats
- To post transactions from credit card scheme and allocate to direct debit payment.
- Process payments from Erasmus bank Account, and financially verify in line with guidance provided.
- To maintain appropriate financial records and perform monthly reconciliations of funding received and disbursed.
- Maintain records for educational visit income and expenditure and ensure appropriate approvals are in place.
- Assist with general month end routines, including analysis of income and raising inter-departmental charges for print and photocopy costs.
- Undertake inventory/asset checks and write off of assets.
- Provide cover for Finance team including Purchase and Sales Ledger.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety policies and procedures and to perform any designated duties with regard to Health and Safety security.
- To undertake other tasks commensurate with the role as directed by the Head of Finance.
Requirements of the role:
- Minimum GCSE English and Maths Grade C and above - Essential
- AAT Level 4 – Desirable
- Substantial finance experience including Cash Book entry and Bank Reconciliations – Essential
25 days + Bank Holidays + Closure days
Very Generous Holiday package