A returning client of ours is looking to recruit another Finance Assistant for their Accounts team.
You will be providing support and assistance to the Finance department with specific responsibility for maintaining the primary ledgers, debt collection and banking.
- Create and issue invoices/credit notes to customers
- Carry out bi-weekly credit control
- Maintain the deferred income schedule
- Raise PO’s
- Review supplier invoices with the relevant authorisers, code and post them into Xero
- Create a supplier pay run schedule every two weeks
- Maintain supplier spend analysis
- Carry out weekly bank reconciliations
- Issue credit card statements and process and post receipts every month
- Process employee expenses
- Provide year end audit support
- Assist with ad-hoc queries
Ideal candidates will need to have:-
- Experience of using any accounting system
- Intermediate to Advanced in Excel (VLOOKUPS and Pivots)
- At least a year’s experience in a finance role
- A degree in a financial subject with a minimum of 2:1 but if the candidate has strong experience then will consider a 2:2
- Have at least a grade B/6 in the following GCSE’s: Mathematics and English
- Experience of using Xero
- Working towards an accounting qualification such as AAT/ACCA or CIMA (early stage)
- Advanced Excel skills such as nested IF formulas, pivot tables and v look ups ( This will be tested at interview stage)
- Experience in preparing basic management accounts and journals
Attention to detail
Eager to learn and grow with a can do attitude
Creative in finding solutions and improving processes
Team player and ability to work independently
Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Currently, required to work at least 1 day in the office and 4 days remotely
This may be extended to 2-3 days in the office subject to guidelines and company policy.
We are looking to secure a small office in London next year, as such will be required to visit London office at least once every fortnight.
Excellent benefits and open to possible study support.
If you are immediately available and have experience in both AR and AP, with Xero and strong Excel skills then please get in touch with Vinny.Basra@reed.com on 02085722661.
This role is an immediate start so ideally seeking candidates on short notice.