Hours: 8.30am - 4.30pm or 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
52 Week Full Time role.
My client requires a Finance Assistant is to provide consistent, accurate, efficient and effective support to the Business Manager and to the Finance Team for the development and operation of the finance functions of the school primarily and supporting the school needs as directed by the Business Manager.
Software used: Netsuite (Requisitions and Purchase orders) & Excel intermediate level (Spreadsheets).
Standards and Quality Assurance:
• Support the aims and ethos of the school;
• Attend events, including Saturday Open Mornings as and when required;
• Attend INSET days and participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required;
• To participate in arrangements made for Let's Talk annual appraisal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Purchasing and Payments:
- Processing of purchase orders from requisitions, in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales.
- Printing of purchase orders, checking for accuracy and distributing to suppliers.
- Assisting with the distribution of deliveries.
- Processing of invoices, checking against orders and goods received notes and ensuring necessary authorisation ready for payment.
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring refunds or credit notes are received.
- Reviewing the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GNRI) monthly report to assist in posting month end accruals and undertaking various tasks as necessary associated with the report.
Banking and Cash Handling:
- Administering, counting and reporting of petty cash.
- Administering BACS payments from the school's Bank Accounts and submit relevant returns to Head Office.
- Administering credit card payments, reconciliation of monthly statements and submit associated returns to Head Office.
- Assisting with month end procedures and reporting to Head Office.
- Checking overtime claims for accuracy and processing for the school's before authorisation by Business Manager and submit to Head Office Payroll.
- Collating monthly overtime sheets, expense forms and pay adjustments before authorisation by Business Manager and submit to Head Office Payroll.
Reporting & General:
- Assisting the BM with financial budgetary information for month end reporting.
- Providing a range of clerical duties to ensure the smooth running of the bursary such as general typing, data entry, filing, photocopying, scanning and emailing.
- General administration assistance and support will also be required.
- Comply with safeguarding policies, demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding and undertake training when required.
My client is looking for a team player and someone who can think on their feet. Payroll experience would ideal along with someone from a school background. They will look at candidates who have not worked at a school before.
A DBS check will be conducted and this will be paid by the school.
Benefits: 25 days holidays + BH, Free Lunches, Free, parking on site, Use of Facilities (swimming pool etc).
If you are interested in this role then please APPLY NOW. If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of applying then please consider your application of being unsuccessful