Finance Assistant required for a fantastic Independent School!
Location : Hammersmith
Salary : £25,000 +
Basis Permanent FT all year round
My client is Looking for you!
My client is looking for a friendly and professional and experienced individual to join their dynamic Finance department.
Purchase ledger Duties :
• To record on the purchase ledger all supplier invoices received within the Finance Department and distribute to budget holders for authorization.
• To prepare and process any journals in respect of amending nominal postings.
• To prepare and process the weekly payment runs during term time including collating all supporting paperwork to present to the Finance Manager for approval, processing the BACS file, preparing cheques for signature, sending all remittance advice's and filing all supplier invoices and relevant paperwork.
• To deal with all supplier and staff queries concerning purchase ledger invoice processing and resolving any discrepancies and supplier queries in a timely manner.
Banking Duties :
• To ensure that all General and Fee bank account transactions are posted on a daily basis ensuring that receipts and payments are allocated to the relevant accounts.
• To record monthly bank account transactions in respect of the Schools’ other bank accounts.
• To perform the monthly bank account reconciliations for all bank accounts.
• To accurately record all cash and cheques received and bank as applicable.
Credit Cards :
To send out credit card statements to cardholders on a monthly basis and to ensure that they are returned with all supporting receipts and budget codes.
To monitor expenditure and raise any discrepancies with the Bursar.
To post the credit card expenditure by monthly journal.
Fair FX :
To monitor the expenditure on FairFX cards and allocate to budget codes as applicable.
To assist the Finance Manager in managing cards, balances and adding new users.
As a core member you will be required to:
To assist the Finance Manager in entering all supplier invoices and payments into Xero.
To process the supplier payments as and when necessary.
To assist the Finance Manager with raising customer invoices in Xero and entering and allocating payments received.
To assist the Finance Manager with setting up new customers and suppliers.
To perform the monthly bank reconciliation.
Additional Duties :
To prepare sundry invoices and send to customers.
To chase and collect all monies due in respect of sundry invoices.
To carry out ad hoc duties as required by the Bursar from time to time e.g. review of taxi expenses and legal fees.
User of Sage 200 (2015) accounts.
User of Xero Systems.
Knowledge and experience of standard accounting procedures within Purchase Ledger.
High level of computer literacy and experience of ICT systems, particularly Sage and Excel
Experience in educational environment.
Experience of working in a highly demanding and busy finance department.
Studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA
Hours 8-4.30 during term time, 9-4 during hols
Holidays to be taken during school holidays only, 30 days + BH
Pension Scottish Widows 10% Employers contribution, 5% Employee
Vegetarian Lunch provided in the school canteen during term time
Life Assurance 2 x lump sum salary.
To be Considered for this fantastic opportunity
Please apply to this application or contact myself Krutika at REED Hammersmith.