We are assisting a global Charity to find an enthusiastic candidate for their Finance Assistant position based in their Central London office. Within a team you will be responsible for a variety of general ledger responsibilities.
The client would prefer a candidate with an academic background in Finance or AAT with a desire to take the next step and gain experience in a large organisation will be seriously considered.
Key Responsibilities of Finance Assistant
• Consolidate information in a timely and accurate manner
• Preparation of detailed monthly files and reconciliations
• Generation of sales invoices and credit notes
• Support in the resolution of business queries
• Support debt management
• Management of queries inbox
• Support closing monthly accounts ensuring sales and costs are accurately and appropriately recognised
• Understand variances to budget and forecasts
• Continually review and improve processes to ensure an efficient approach
• Preparation of key business reporting - month end reports, client reports, budgets, cash analysis
• Liaise with clients to resolve any queries and build relationships
• Preparation of regular business reports
• Understand key drivers of the business and support in driving business performance
• Support the budgeting and forecasting process
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Part-qualified in ACCA/CIMA
• Industry experienced gained within a fast-paced organization
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
• Excellent inter personal skills with proven ability to influence internal and external parties
• Advanced Excel Skills (lookups, pivot tables)
• Able to use initiative and innovative thinker
• Good Stakeholders management skill
Reed offers unique benefits to all temporary workers being paid PAYE by Reed, these include:
Access to free training
This is to ensure you have the full range of skills to meet our clients' needs.
Reed Discount Card
When you register on reed.co.uk/temp you are entitled to benefits through the Reed discount card scheme. We have joined together with several trusted partners to give you access to discounts off a wide range of products and services. These companies include Virgin Experience, National Express, David Lloyd Leisure and Thomas Cook Direct. Click for more information on the Discount Card.
Paid holiday scheme
Reed also offers paid holiday to temporary workers. The scheme offers a maximum of four weeks or 20 days paid holiday per year.
Statutory sick pay
Should you fall ill for four consecutive days following 13 continuous weeks of temporary assignments, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from Reed.
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is a government scheme administered by Reed on behalf of the DSS. There are a number of rules and procedures to be observed.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Setting up a pension is an excellent way of planning for the future, and with this in mind, Reed has appointed the Independent Financial Advisers, Thomson's Benefits Consultants Ltd, to make a new stakeholder pension easily available to you.