Finance Assistant - £negotiable - Chelmsford, Temporary/PART TIME (ASAP Start)
Finance Assistant will support the effective operation of financial management systems and processes.
They will operate a range of finance functions/processes including:
- Processing of income and expenditure
- Purchasing of goods and services
- Processing expenses
- Maintenance of financial records
- Financial reporting and administrative tasks
The post holder will support the Finance Manager in ensuring sound financial management, and the best use of resources. They will also maintain excellent relationships and communication with staff, volunteers, service users and stakeholders, at all times working in line with the companies Vision and Values.
This is a new post within the organisation and presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator to join a small, passionate and committed team to help drive the organisation forward.
- Work with colleagues to develop and maintain effective administrative systems in line with the organisation’s needs.
- Undertake basic office management and clerical functions as required
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
Financial Management (Specific):
- Support the Finance Manager in setting up, managing, reviewing and management refining processes and procedures and ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports are produced in an agreed format and to strict deadlines.
- Input data into SAGE 50, including supplier transactions, etc. under supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance Manager in collating relevant information for monitoring reporting in line with the Service Contract requirements.
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are authorised and coded correctly, including staff and volunteer expenses.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Prepare supplier and staff expenses payments in line with financial management policies and procedures.
- Record and administer use of company payment cards, etc.
- Input cash transactions and maintain files of cash receipts and payments vouchers.
- Support petty cash systems, etc.
- Assist the Finance Manager with banking, including depositing funds, online banking arrangements, etc.
- Assist the Administration Manager and Finance Manager with the efficient and effective procurement of goods and services to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
Education and qualifications:
- Good standard of education (GCSE, NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- Relevant secretarial/IT training
- Relevant previous or current employment
- Employment in a role including financial management responsibility, within a public, private or third sector organisation
- Experience of managing budgets
Skills and experience:
- Secretarial skills and experience, including typing and word processing
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office suite
- High standards of practice and presentation at work
- Experience of administrative work
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal and telephone
- Ability to prioritise