I am recruiting for an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year! My client will look at candidates who has either just commenced study for AAT or intends to commence studying having had 2-3 year’s experience in a similar finance role.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day processing of accounting transactions through our various software programmes in order to ensure that the books and records of the Company are accurate and complete. You will work alongside other members of the Finance team being a strong team player, willing to assist others as necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Sales ledger – raising sales invoices and being the first point of contact for the customer should there be a question arising from our charges
- Credit Control – ensuring that all customer invoices are paid in line with agreed terms & conditions
- Purchase Ledger – checking supplier invoices for the validy of charges,posting these to the PL and paying suppliers in line with agreed terms
- Cash – checking the bank account daily, posting receipts to the SL and completing timely bank reconciliations
- VAT – ensuring that this is accounted for correctly and in line with current HMRC rules, assisting in the preparation of the quarterly return and managing MTD process.
Skills / Interests Required
- Must be numerate and enjoy working with numbers
- Experience of working with one or more computerised accounting packages
- Must be IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel
- Close attention to detail and accurate working is essential
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Positive attitude and a desire to find solutions to problems as they arise
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisational & planning skills with the ability to identify priorities and self-manage workload
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Knowledge of SAGE 50 would be particularly useful but not essential as training will be given