My Client, a school based in Enfield is seeking a Finance and Resources Assistant to join their team on a temporary basis.
The role will have an important part to play in day-today financial management, ensuring compliance, high standards of financial probity and value for money across the school.
- Experience in school finance is mandatory
- Experience of financial procedures, cash handling and cash security
- AAT part qualified
- Have highly developed skills in Excel and computerised accountancy software
Main Duties and Resonsibilities:
- To assist the Finance Manager, with the day-to-day financial processes and procedures required of the academy, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the School Financial Handbook
- To take responsibility for the processing of financial transactions within the school, including purchase orders, invoicing, credit card reconciliation, BACS payments and petty cash
- To undertake monthly bank reconciliations
- To take responsibility for the receipt, safekeeping and banking of all monies received by the academy
- To maintain finance filing systems, ensuring that records are suitable for audit purposes
- To accurately administrate and manage the school resources ordering system across both primary and secondary phases
- To ensure procurement best practice is adhered to
- To maintain an inventory of school resources, and manage, distribute and replenish this as required
- Make contact with outstanding payment balance holders weekly by telephone and post
- Agree and record approved payment plans
- Produce weekly outstanding balance report for the Finance Manager
- At the end of each day, you will support the busy school administration team in a pupil and parent facing role.
- 38 hours per week during term time (8:15am - 5:00pm with a 4:15pm finish on Fridays)
- 30 hours per week during school holidays (8:00am - 2:00pm)
If you are seeking temporary work and have experience in school finance, please do not hesitate to apply. Alternatively, you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this role is subject to an enhanced criminal record disclodure (DBS).