Reed are delighted to be partnered with one of Northern Ireland’s leading charities who are actively recruiting for an Accounts Officer on what is initially a 6 month contract.
If you have the right communication and interpersonal skills to work in a public facing role, then this is an excellent opportunity to get involved with the essential work that this service provider offer.
This will be a varied role, combining your knowledge for accounting and payroll administration with your empathy and understanding for those in need. Within this contract, you will be directly impacting and supporting users of the service on a one-to-one basis, assisting with their complex, sometimes challenging, needs in an administrative capacity.
If you’re looking to ‘go beyond’ the accounting and payroll duties of your previous job, this is an ideal chance to make an impact with your work.
Working in the office and (as soon as you're trained) remotely, the employer are able to provide a flexible approach to supporting the users of the service.
Familiar with cloud based payroll software (ideally MoneySoft/BrightPay); Excellent record keeping skills; Ability to adapt communication to best meet the needs of individual service users; Ability to prepare written financial reports; and an ability to use video calls.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Supporting with Payroll Closures, explaining the process to the clients/service users;
- Work closely with the Finance and Admin Team to seek all information required from the service users and all other Third Parties to process the payments;
- When required, explain final outlay figures;
- Maintain records and ensure the Payroll Service has all necessary instructions in writing;
- Budget Calculations, ensuring that the service users understand how funding can be used, checking that all their existing costs are fully covered (i.e. statutory annual leave costs), when the need to increase the hours of support and/or the hourly rate of carers, and when considering other aspects of the service users’ support;
- Prepare and agree revised budgets;
- Calculate overall outlays associated with any desired back pay or overtime and advise accordingly; and
- Sign off Payroll Service Agreements, checking the budget is correct based on information available and that all the paperwork is in order.
There will be a very quick turnaround between the submission of your CV, organising an interview and receiving an offer.
To learn more, you can reach out to Tom Reid, Reed’s Accountancy Practice & Payroll Specialist in the Belfast office.
028 9033 0604