Reed Accountancy are currently recruiting for a Finance and Business Manager for an interim assignment for a catering compaay in Solihull.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager this role will be working in all aspects of the financial cycle, applying excellent financial control, effective reporting and engagement across teams within the service and across the organisation this role is key to delivering a viable and well regarded business. Through effective financial management the role will support to maintain strong customer relationships.
The role will also:
Directly manage the Business Support Team by embedding a quality control system, work planning and providing guidance and performance management for the team.
Lead in developing and implementing effective and efficient business processes, including those resulting from the introduction of new ICT systems.
Work with other teams in the service enabling joint up working for the services and other contracts.
Work with other teams to deliver corporate requirements, add value and raise the profile of catering.
Play an active role in operational and senior management meetings including the provision of appropriate management and financial information to a varied cohort of senior managers with financial and non-financial backgrounds.
Self-Management, Team Management and Wider Interaction:
- Develop work plans for self and team, enabling clarity of priorities, delivery commitments overall capacity and work planning.
- Manage and work with the Business Support Team.
- Engage with other operational teams in the service to enable a co-ordinated approach to deliver business activity and service objectives.
- Develop and utilise relationships within the service to add value to the catering operation.
- Support the Commercial Manager in delivering an effective financial plan that supports the financial viability of the service in the medium to long term.
- Deliver all tasks within the financial cycle: budget setting, financial monitoring/ forecasting and closure of accounts.
- Provide financial management information to stakeholders that are relevant to the audience and enables effective decision making.
- Provide possible solutions to ensure that the service is financially viable.
- Complete statutory returns as required.
- Support the Commercial Manager by developing and delivering business support processes and procedures that ensure contractual compliance obligations are in place.
- Participate in the tender process for larger contracts and complete financial evaluations.
- Support the delivery of the service business plan and key objectives.
- Provide Support to projects, or initiatives as directed by the Commercial Manager
- Deliver ICT improvements and/or systems as required.
- Deliver requirements arising from the expansion of the service.
- Provide advice and support to other teams in the service.
Any other appropriate duties as and when required
To be suitable for the role you must be immediately available and have strong management experience within a financial capacity. The ideal candidate will be qualified at AAT level 4 or be studying towards a CCAB qualification. If you have oracle experience this would be desirable.