As part of the commercial finance team, you’ll be instrumental in supporting one of the UK’s leading resource management businesses, helping to drive improved financial performance that supports a greener, more sustainable approach to waste management.
You'll be hands on, assisting stakeholders across the organisation, helping them to make better decisions through sound financial analysis and guidance on where improvements can be made.
With the UK moving towards a more sustainable circular economy, you'll be part of a business that's committed to supporting ongoing, low carbon energy creation.
They are big on progression and development so if you want to work for a large growing business where you can continue your development and studies (which they will support) and could represent a fantastic opportunity for you.
Supporting one of the Finance Business Partners, this role will assist in all financial areas including month end, invoicing and reconciliations, forecasting, budgeting and preparing analyses to support the operations
Other responsibilities involved include:
- Support the month end processes for invoicing and reconciliations and provision of information to the external client.
- Assist in the month end accounting process, to produce accurate and timely management accounts, in line with business timescales, posting and checking journals.
- Support the Finance Business Partners in preparation of detailed operational analysis and variance interrogation. Also support with collation and checking of budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Communicate effectively with staff at operational units to ensure integrity of internal databases and operational information.
- Act as escalation point for routine queries to ensure that they are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support, review and challenge business performance.
- Undertake data entry and reconciliation activities, ensuring that data entered in systems is accurate and complete.
- Undertake additional or amended duties as appropriate to the post as may be required from time to time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- AAT level 3 qualified / part qualified CIMA / ACCA or accounting degree with exemptions
- Someone who can work as a part of a small team, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail. You should be willing to question and challenge operational practices as well
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Experience of working with large data sets and be able to pull out and present clear analysis which informs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- To be able to prepare clear / insightful financial analysis which will drive operational and financial performance.
- Experience of using financial analysis to identify and recommend areas for operational and financial improvements
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Presentation skills
- Vision, identifying opportunities to improve
- Tactful, with ability to deal with difficult situations
- Proven experience working within a Finance role, ideally supporting multi-site operations
- A competitive Salary
- Study Support
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 6% matched pension
- Huge opportunities for progression
If you are ready to work for a world class organisation making a real difference nationally and in the community, APPLY NOW