REED Education Reading are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Technical Support Assistant to work in support of the Media and Film department for an Ofsted “good” school in the West Berkshire local authority, based in Reading.
This is an exciting post that also involves supporting evening events throughout the year, such as concerts, Open Evening, awards evenings and whole school productions. Updating the digital signage in the Sixth Form and assisting their extensive Resources Department.
The technical support element of the role will involve assisting within the Media & Film department of the school whilst the pupil facing side of the role will involve supporting pupils in Years 7 – 13 with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities in the classroom in various curriculum areas.
The department enjoys excellent facilities in a new state of the art Sixth Form Centre including an editing suite for independent production work and a cinema room. If you can inspire and motivate students, then this position is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative department. The successful candidate will also be responsible for uploading information onto the digital signage system in the Sixth Form Centre.
Hours are 37 per week, Monday- Friday, term time only. Local Government Scale D, spinal point range 5 £18,795 p.a. (pro-rata approximately £15,859 p.a.), this initially will be paid weekly via Reed Education, however for the right person a temporary-to-permanent position is on offer.
The person we are seeking will:
• Improve standards of learning and achievement in film and media lessons, for all students;
• Help students to develop independent learning skills;
• Promote the school’s inclusion policy by supporting students in their learning and development, and removing barriers to achievement;
• Directly supporting students with SEND in various curriculum areas;
• Prepare and maintain equipment and teaching areas for specialist classes;
• Carry out administrative and other tasks related to the smooth running of the department;
• Support students in their learning and development, in small groups or with individual students as directed, including differentiation of resources as appropriate;
• Provide technical support for teachers and students in order to ensure the smooth running of lessons, for example in filming, editing, location recording sessions and other assessments.